How to cope with stress in your life. No matter who you are, there are days that are going to test your limits. For many of us, those days are far …
You're not alone.
Welcome to Sober(ish)! I created this website in 2016, two months before I got sober for good. It was meant to be a creative outlet to help me get past those first few weeks.
Because I had tried (and failed) to quit drinking countless times before, I ended up naming my site Sober(ish) just in case I screwed things up.
I had no confidence in my ability to succeed at the time. BUT that all changed on December 19, 2016 when I took my last drink of alcohol.
Now I dedicate my time to providing resources and a community to people who want to get sober and change their lives.
There’s no weird gimmicks or BS on my site. If you’ve got an open mind and a desire to get better, everything here is for you.
founder of soberish
Because sobriety is about so much more than not drinking alcohol, Soberish provides you with content covering a wide range of topics from mental health to creating habits to the role of nutrition and exercise.
Share the love!
You never know who has the same struggles as you.
What you'll get on Soberish...
- Tips to get you through the first days and weeks of sobriety
- A supportive community of people who know exactly what you're going through
- Mental health tools and resources
- Strategies for developing healthier habits
- Motivation to keep going when you feel like giving up
What you WON'T see here...
- Advocacy FOR or AGAINST any particular recovery program. If it works for you, do it!
- Support for moderation. Sobriety means no drinking. Period.
- Miracle solutions. They don't exist. This stuff takes work.
- Judgment if you relapse. It happens to the best of us.
There's an enormous stigma around addiction and sobriety in our culture, despite everything we know. It leads people to suffer in silence and delay …
What is sleep hygiene and why is it important for your health? Sleep hygiene refers to behaviors that help promote good sleep. In a time when many of …
How to maintain your sobriety long term. In the same way that heavy drinking was a sign that my life was in chaos, sobriety is my constant reminder …
Identifying when you have a drinking problem. Most heavy drinkers reach a point where they find themselves on Google cautiously typing the words, “Am …
Fears about sobriety are common, even for people who desperately seek it. On the one hand, you hate what your life has become due to drinking. On the …