You know those people on social media who one day decided to turn their life around and now they're a whole new person? I love those stories. Here's …
You're not alone.
Welcome to Sober(ish)! I created this website in 2016, two months before I got sober for good. It was meant to be a creative outlet to help me get past those first few weeks.
Because I had tried (and failed) to quit drinking countless times before, I ended up naming my site Sober(ish) just in case I screwed things up.
I had no confidence in my ability to succeed at the time. BUT that all changed on December 19, 2016 when I took my last drink of alcohol.
Now I dedicate my time to providing resources and a community to people who want to get sober and change their lives.
There’s no weird gimmicks or BS on my site. If you’ve got an open mind and a desire to get better, everything here is for you.
founder of soberish
Because sobriety is about so much more than not drinking alcohol, Soberish provides you with content covering a wide range of topics from mental health to creating habits to the role of nutrition and exercise.
Share the love!
You never know who has the same struggles as you.
What you'll get on Soberish...
- Tips to get you through the first days and weeks of sobriety
- A supportive community of people who know exactly what you're going through
- Mental health tools and resources
- Strategies for developing healthier habits
- Motivation to keep going when you feel like giving up
What you WON'T see here...
- Advocacy FOR or AGAINST any particular recovery program. If it works for you, do it!
- Support for moderation. Sobriety means no drinking. Period.
- Miracle solutions. They don't exist. This stuff takes work.
- Judgment if you relapse. It happens to the best of us.
I've been thinking a lot about how I managed to stay sober for over two years. When I look back on the millions of times I tried (and failed) to quit …
Self-discipline and willpower are wildly misunderstood concepts. The message we get from the world is that if you drink too much, are overweight, or a …
You’ve decided to get sober. Congratulations! Or maybe you’re already sober and looking to make more upgrades to your life. The biggest factors in …
If you're early in your sobriety or stuck in a cycle of relapse, you might find yourself questioning why you're doing this to yourself. You don't feel …
One of the biggest things that drove my relapses throughout the years was an inability to forgive myself. I was swept up by the shame parade stomping …